Subject: Small patch for Umsdos, please give it a try

From: [email-masked] (Jacques Gelinas)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 94 05:16:49 GMT

umsdos 0.2 is now used by many. I have received few bug reports
difficult to replicate. All those were related to the inability
to locate a file even if it is there (a ls just after the failure
shows it). I have located and fixed at least one bug. A small diff
follow.

Those who have that kind of odd behavior, could you try it. If possible
could you email again even if this is fixing it or not. I have
received a number of mail reporting mostly "false alarm" bug. To
make things more complicated, my email system went a little crazy
and I am pretty sure I have lost some messages (since 3 weeks ago).
I have updated to the latest sendmail and now all look fine.

This patch must be applied in /usr/src/linux/fs/umsdos

--------------------------------------------------------------------
*** dir.bak	Sat Feb  5 15:36:10 1994
--- dir.c	Sun Mar 13 23:45:30 1994
***************
*** 329,334 ****
--- 329,337 ----
  					memcpy (entry->name,dirent.d_name,dirent.d_reclen);
  					entry->name[dirent.d_reclen] = '\0';
  					entry->name_len = dirent.d_reclen;
+ 					inode->u.umsdos_i.i_dir_owner = dir->i_ino;
+ 					inode->u.umsdos_i.i_emd_owner = 0;
+ 					umsdos_setup_dir_inode(inode);
  					break;
  				}
  			}
------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance!

PS: For those who asked, here is the status of umsdos.

1-Make sure all known bug are solved (pretty close I guess).
2-Promote integration in the standard kernel right after 1.0 is out.
3-Enhance performance.

In parallel I intend to produce LADR (Linux Advanced Desktop Release).
I am currently exploring the Andrew Multimedia system
to produce the help and administration system. Anyone with good
experience with it ? Some pointers would be welcome :-)

-- 

--------------------------------------------------------
Jacques Gelinas ([email-masked])
Maintainer of US4BINR [email-masked]